Tuesday, April 1, 2014

To doTERRA or not doTERRA

Over the years, we have tried many different medications and therapies for Zack to help him with the affects of autism. Some meds have been beneficial; most have not. The therapy that made the biggest impact on him was chelation. I won't get into the details of that on this post, but after the very first treatment, he stopped most of his repetitive body motions. This was years ago, and he is now almost 18 years old. Last year, due to our medical insurance changing the tier that his most recent medication was in, we could no longer afford to pay for it. (and that was WITH insurance!) We made the decision to take him off all meds and just monitor his diet. Although he has done ok without his medication, it hasn't been trouble free. Now, here we are, facing sweeping healthcare changes due to Obamacare, and more than ever, it looks like our health is in our own hands and we need to really start thinking more naturally-minded about how we approach things! Looking back over the last six months, I can see time and time again where people have talked about essential oils and my interest has been gradually building. I was approached by a friend to give them a try based on how the oils have been helping her child. I finally made the decision to go for it and we are getting ready to launch a doTERRA experiment! So far, I have used a long list of samples on him, layering them on his big toe and up his neck and spine. After some careful consideration, I have decided that I am going to try one oil at a time with him and evaluate the affects (or lack, thereof) and keep the results posted in my blog. This post is longer and ramblier (my new word!) than normal, but this is my introduction in a nutshell. So, if you are interested...stay tuned! I will leave you with a picture of my highly active, normally can't be still for even one second, lanky, soon to be 18 year old son. This is him right after I "anointed" him with doTERRA oils!

2 comments:

Allana Martian said...

I'm not sure why the comments are not showing up. Fine tuning!

Anonymous said...

how do I follow your blog?